A packed version of Board

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

Saveman
New poster

Post by Saveman »

I have an idea which could be useful for some users. I think there should be a packed version of board (for example all messages from one month) - so anyone could download it and read offline. Also - this eliminate a problem with too many messages (after several months there could be too much messages - so getting to that which we need could be very difficult).

Saveman
Shahid
Learning poster

Post by Shahid »

Hi,
i am quite agreed with ur proposal. cauze we, who look upon this board quite regularly, then it's good to read the recent entries and read it offline.
fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

I agree with you too.

But, we have no time to implement that hack in this board. Please, tell phpBB team (the creators of this board) to consider implementing such a good thing in their board, as we use their system.

If not possible, we could consider doing it in an ugly way - just querying the database and writing the records to a file. Although it would work, I think it is not the best way...
Saveman
New poster

Post by Saveman »

Yeah - I'll contact them. But tell me how to do that. The links below doesn't work (maybe only in this moment). If you have mail to them I'll be glad if you give it to me.

SAV
fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

Their website is http://www.phpbb.com .

I've tried it right now and it worked.

Good luck!

Return to “Other words”