Passwords Strategy in C

Write here if you have problems with your C source code

Moderator: Board moderators

impulser
New poster

Passwords Strategy in C

Post by impulser »

Hi ,,

I was wondering whether we have secure password storage in C other than #define and structural way ...

Since this has been followed in big systems like nortel . lucent for their product .. did they haven't realized is the easy way to decode it ..

When u load the password getting code part in disassembler / debugger , u can see it directly..even when u store in separate code section (.data or .kpnc.. whatever).. It shows in an normal way..

C'mon guys with any other means of hiding the pass within the code without doing any encryption stuffs.. Basic hiding techniques..

Gracias... :wink:
misof
A great helper

Post by misof »

Basic hiding techniques lead to successful usage of basic methods of finding the hidden password. If you want something secure, read some crypto-related stuff, and e.g. take a look at OpenSSL or some other crypto library. Of course, all of this depends on what the password does and how it is used.

I can't give a more specific answer to such a general question, I can only repeat once more that IMHO there is no golden path here. If you want anything good, it won't go "without doing any encryption stuffs".
impulser
New poster

Post by impulser »

Return to “C”