save us..

Post about everything you want - even if it is not related to programming or this site.

Moderator: Board moderators

emotional blind
A great helper

save us..

Post by emotional blind »

I start this thread to gather public opinion about some disturbing
and disgusting threads in this forum.

I am requesting other people to give their openion to save us from
such kind of disturbs and I am requesting honourable board moderators
to immediately remove those thread.. as they have ability to do
"such a good job".

What are you thinking.. other people?

Some example

http://online-judge.uva.es/board/viewtopic.php?t=7148
http://online-judge.uva.es/board/viewtopic.php?t=10126

If anyone has other examples please post it.
Last edited by emotional blind on Thu May 04, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moha
Experienced poster

Post by Moha »

Yes, I agree with you.
misof
A great helper

Post by misof »

With all due respect, I wouldn't describe the contents of these threads as "disturbing and disgusting". If you actually take the time to read the "last post thread", you may find that some of the posts there are actually funny. I don't remember seeing any disturbing nor disgusting posts there. The posts don't have much to do with the UVa site, but then, the thread is in the general chit-chat subforum -- exactly where it belongs to.

In my humble opinion, the "disturbing and disgusting" category contains:
- offensive posts, posts containing swearwords
- unsolicited advertisments (e.g. "buy v1agr4")

Posts that also don't belong on this forum:
- any kind of cheating in currently running programming contests

I'm in the dark with useless posts (as your second link shows). There were several cases when some people used such posts to abuse the forums ratings and become a "great helper" without helping much. I'm not really sure whether it's worth the effort to delete such posts.
mamun
A great helper

Post by mamun »

Fist link of the 2 threads in question in emotional blind's post is not that bad. It's humourous and also belongs to the appropriate subforum. After all, people in general (if not all) likes fun.

But I'm really shocked to see thread at the second link. This is the first time I've noticed it and didn't understand what the hell was/is going on. But as misof had said, I'm not really sure whether it's worth the effort to delete such posts.
Darko
Guru

Post by Darko »

No, it's not - Joey removed most of the nonsesincal garbage that that guy posted and next day it just got worse. I agree with him - they'll get bored with it and leave if we don't pay any attention to them.

Darko

Return to “Off topic (General chit-chat)”