Getting a CE, but not receiving any compiler output

The forum to report every bug you find or tell us what you'd like to find in UVa OJ's new system

Moderator: Board moderators

Stathol
New poster

Getting a CE, but not receiving any compiler output

Post by Stathol »

This is two issues in one.

The immediate issue:
I made a submission nearly an hour ago that failed with CE, but I still haven't received any compiler output. Supposedly this is sent by email. I also checked the submission status page just in case, but there's no output there, either. I've checked the spam folder, etc. (gmail), and can find no sign of an email from the UVa system. I did receive the registration emails, so I know my address is correct and I don't think Gmail is filtering it.

The secondary issue:
My code compiles just fine on my own system with g++ 5.2.1. Possibly relevant info:

Code: Select all

user@host:~/Documents/uva/105$ g++ --version
g++ (Ubuntu 5.2.1-22ubuntu2) 5.2.1 20151010
<snip>

user@host:~/Documents/uva/105$ uname -a
Linux host 4.2.0-35-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 15 22:15:45 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
And my compiler command:

user@host:~/Documents/uva/105$ g++ -lm -lcrypt -O2 -pipe -DONLINE_JUDGE uva105.cpp
It even compiles with -Wall -Werror. I'm having a hard time imagining why it wouldn't compile on g++ 5.3.0. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but the failure to provide any output makes me wonder if the whole build system is borked.
Stathol
New poster

Re: Getting a CE, but not receiving any compiler output

Post by Stathol »

Well, the problem seems to have sorted itself out.

Shortly after I posted this, the whole site went offline. Eventually I stopped getting 5xx errors from the site, but I was still getting stuck in an infinite redirect loop. Eventually I discovered that this was due to something in my cookie(s) for this site. After clearing all *.onlinejudge.org cookies, everything seems to be back in working order.

I resubmitted the same file, and this time it came back AC. I don't know whether the spurious CEs were due to cookie corruption, or due to whatever caused the site outage (or whether the site problems caused the cookie corruption). In any case, I guess it's "fixed".

Return to “Bugs and suggestions”