10418 - Hyper Toy Soldiers

All about problems in Volume 104. If there is a thread about your problem, please use it. If not, create one with its number in the subject.

Moderator: Board moderators

Firestarter
New poster

Post by Firestarter »

"Each test case begins with a line containing 4 integers m, n, k, t (2<=m,n<=100, 1<=k<=50, 1<=t<=2k+1)."

"The following n lines each contains m integers, indicating the heights of squares. The jth integer of the ith is the height of square (xi,yi). Heights are integers between 0 and 100."

In the sample input there are m lines with n integers. Where's the error?
Yarin
Problemsetter

Post by Yarin »

The sample input is correct. x & y is screwed up in the problem statement.
You can figure out which values are width and height because only one way is possible in the first sample input.
Robbie
New poster

Post by Robbie »

I don't know why my program always get WA. And I see it failed when running the 10th case. Can you give a test which can help me find out my mistakes :roll: ?

Thanks !
GGG
Kyku
New poster

Post by Kyku »

What approach did you use? For me, it's very convoluted problem, and I can't even figure out how to start.
ytlau9
New poster

Post by ytlau9 »

I am trying to solve UVA10418 Hyper Toy Soldiers (using max. bipartite matching)
and pass every test cases I can find or think of, including those on Algorithmist.

However I still getting WA...
Please can someone give me some hints on this problem, like is there any tricky test case or trap in the I/O format?

PS: I was so desperated that I try to search some test cases / resources on google, then I find someone paste a piece of source code in GitHub.
I do not know if the code really solves the problem, so I try to find this user name in UVA, then I can see he really solves the problem 10418.
So I assume his code on GitHub is correct, then I try to random generate some input and compare my output with his, and so far I found the output are the same...
So I try to submit his code (without really reading the code) to UVA but still getting WA..

I am so desperate now, can someone please help me? any suggestion maybe helpful! thanks!

Return to “Volume 104 (10400-10499)”