verdicts

General topic about Valladolid Online Judge

Moderator: Board moderators

fresher96
New poster

verdicts

Post by fresher96 »

hey guys i wounder about the online judge verdicts
how does the judge do judge the submitted codes ?
it gives RE if the program crashes during the test cases
but i mean in general
and especially for the TL does it mean that your code is right but not efficient
or maybe it's wrong that means the judge puts the test cases into that code and if it exceeded the time limit the judge throw the code away and say TL without looking at the outputs
and when the verdict is WA with time ,say 1.2, did that mean that all the test cases where finished within 1.2 but the outputs are wrong or at least one of them
or at 1.2 let's assume the program was computing the test case number 8 and outputted wrong answer so the judges stops and say WA
finally, all the judges work the same way or not ?
the most important is that in the real contests
sorry, i typed a lot & thanks for you time
brianfry713
Guru

Re: verdicts

Post by brianfry713 »

fresher96 wrote:the TL does it mean that your code is right but not efficient
No, I believe if the time limit is reached the judge stops running your code and won't tell you if it's correct or not.
fresher96 wrote:when the verdict is WA with time ,say 1.2, did that mean that all the test cases where finished within 1.2 but the outputs are wrong or at least one of them
Yes I think that is correct.
fresher96 wrote:or at 1.2 let's assume the program was computing the test case number 8 and outputted wrong answer so the judges stops and say WA
No, my understanding is that for non-interactive problems on this judge there is a single input file that gets redirected to stdin and run all at once on your code. If you get a RE it stops, so at that point your code may be correct or wrong or continue to a TLE after you fix the RE issue. If your code completes within the time limit and doesn't throw a RE then the entire output is compared and if it doesn't match the judge's output file you'll get a WA.
fresher96 wrote:finally, all the judges work the same way or not ?
the most important is that in the real contests
sorry, i typed a lot & thanks for you time
No, each judge may be different, read the rules for the contest you're entering.
Check input and AC output for thousands of problems on uDebug!
fresher96
New poster

Re: verdicts

Post by fresher96 »

Thanks a lot Master :D

Return to “General”