Sugestion

The forum to report every bug you find or tell us what you'd like to find in UVa OJ's new system

Moderator: Board moderators

Malkava
New poster

Sugestion

Post by Malkava » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:01 am

Hello.

When I used the old system, submitting problems was something quite simple: I acessed the direct link to the problem, wrote it, acessed acm.uva.es/p/submit.php, and ok.

Not I feel quite unconfortable. Everytime I find a good problem in any summary, I have to log in, click in two or three links until find the correct set, navigate until the correct listing page, click in the problem, click in the submit icon and finally submit the problem.
And I am not the only one complaining about this whole new process.
I think it could get much better if, in the home page right after you log in, there could be a field where you type the number of the problem and it takes you directly to the problem description. That would eliminate a lot of indirections for a simple task.

If such feature already existis in the system, please ignore my suggestion, but I couldn't find it so far.

Thanks.

A1
Experienced poster

Post by A1 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:05 pm

I want to add some more:
[*] There should be a submit page like old system where we will type the problem number and submit the code.

[*] In user profile there should be a option to select the favorite Compiler, so whenever an user will try to submit any code, that selected Compiler will get selected by default.

[*] At present Problem statements are shown inside a frame. which is very annoying as I have to use 2 side bars. Please make the problem statement page same as other page (I mean not inside a frame). Frames are usually used when you don't want to update the whole page but only some portion of the page. But here we see the whole page get updated all the time. so it is also point less to show the problem statement inside a frame.

[*] In browse problem page, If it is possible then please make the default display number = 50.(I think it is not going to cost much)

[*] Lastly I believe you already have it in your TODO list "show the full compile error information"

Keep up the great work..:D

Thanks.

jbernadas
New poster

Post by jbernadas » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:18 pm

A1 wrote:I want to add some more:
[*] In browse problem page, If it is possible then please make the default display number = 50.(I think it is not going to cost much)
I think that changing it to 100 would be even better :D.

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:47 pm

It will be configurable for each user, be patient!!
DON'T PM ME --> For any doubt, suggestion or error reporting, please use the "Contact us" form in the web.

Carlos
System administrator

Re: Sugestion

Post by Carlos » Sat May 17, 2008 1:33 pm

all of them are done (well, the favourite compiler not yet, but it's not in our todo list).
DON'T PM ME --> For any doubt, suggestion or error reporting, please use the "Contact us" form in the web.

Return to “Bugs and suggestions”