May the new system be wrong?

The forum to report every bug you find or tell us what you'd like to find in UVa OJ's new system

Moderator: Board moderators

subzero
New poster

May the new system be wrong?

Post by subzero » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:46 pm

I submited a code, in the old system I got AC and now with the new system I got WA...

may this be possible?

thanx
There is no knowledge that is no power.

Bappi_cuet
New poster

Post by Bappi_cuet » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:43 pm

it can be possile.
cause new system may be change a lot in critical judge data, time limit.

You can read the new system problem statement and compair with your code also put all sample judge data found in this board.
---------------------------------------------
IT'S TIME TO GO AHEAD !!!!
---------------------------------------------

Moha
Experienced poster

Post by Moha » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:24 pm

I had a similar problem. For problem 10014, which I got PE and the new judging policy considers it as a Not-Solved, I tried to resubmit it, It was written in Ansi-C and I got RE, after changing the compiler to C++ I got AC. It was weird.

I don't know why this happened? This code just uses a very simple fixed size array.

Moha
Experienced poster

Post by Moha » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:44 pm

I had already got PE in the 10894. But after resubmitting to the new Judge System I got WA. I don't think it is due to Compiler because the code has just some simple fors. How could a compiler change the behavior of some fores? I think there is a serious problem somewhere in this new system.

I don't think they have changed all of the testcases for all the problems. May be there is some problems in their comparison for deciding between AC or PE.

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:23 pm

the compiler can change the behaviour of anything.

About PE -> WA...the algorithm of jufging PE's is different. Anyway, PE is equivalent as WA so that's not too much change...
DON'T PM ME --> For any doubt, suggestion or error reporting, please use the "Contact us" form in the web.

Return to “Bugs and suggestions”