Shall I do the problem serial

General topic about Valladolid Online Judge

Moderator: Board moderators

taj79
Learning poster

Shall I do the problem serial

Post by taj79 »

I am not very good in programming.
Shall I do the problem serial wise. i.e 100 then 101 then 102 and so on?
Does the more accepted % shows the easiness of the problem?

wyvmak
Experienced poster

Post by wyvmak »

To share with you my experience,

1. when i was new to this site, i thought i could do it serial wise. i could only do it around 104 (coz my programming skill IS, still, poor). i often encounter the frustration of non-accepted problems, so I would try another problem first, until I got some ways to solve that out.

2. basically, i don't think the listing of problems is related to its difficulty, so feel free to choose any problem, unless you wanna stick to your principle of serial solving. but one benefit of non-serial solving is, there are some problems very similar, solving one may almost mean solving another.

3. High accepted % not necessarily mean easier, though usually, but a low accepted % would mean tricky or difficult test cases. Rather, a high number of submission would almost mean the problem is easy.

That's what I usually think.

C8H10N4O2
Experienced poster

Post by C8H10N4O2 »

Here's my personal experience. Serial does not work. If you are new, look for problems that you can solve. I just read the description of many of the problems and tried to consider whether I understood it or now. High success rate AND high submission rate makes a problem easy. But have a low success rate OR a low submission rate and the problem will be at least a little tricky.

manir
New poster

Need <New commer> advice

Post by manir »

:oops:
I am new here. I have submitted some but getting continuous wrong answer. What special things I need to check before I submit? :roll:

Like problem 402 where my program works for all inputs I got from this board and using them many people got Accepted but I have still WA.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
The 2nd laziest person of the world

C8H10N4O2
Experienced poster

Post by C8H10N4O2 »

Consider every border case.

Return to “General”