444 - Encoder and Decoder - PE Issue

The forum to report every bug you find or tell us what you'd like to find in UVa OJ

Moderator: Board moderators

chunyi81
A great helper

444 - Encoder and Decoder - PE Issue

Post by chunyi81 »

See this thread:

http://online-judge.uva.es/board/viewtopic.php?t=3603

I had a PE for this problem 3 years ago which was never resolved, and now I am convinced that the judge output might not have a newline character after the last line of output. Shouldn't there be a newline character after the last line of output? Same problem with 445 but that one has been rejudged. Thanks.

Darko
Guru

Post by Darko »

I print a newline after each line of output and it is AC.

chunyi81
A great helper

Post by chunyi81 »

I added in checking for blank lines. And there are blank lines in the judge input. The blank lines occur right at the end of the judge input based on my current AC code which checks for blank lines. I am certain there are no blank lines in the middle of the judge input or my code would have gotten a WA due to runtime error in Java. Was that intended?

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos »

a blank line is a valid input, as far as I've read. That test case was intended and at the ned of the file. If you skipped it withour processing it il'll have to add it to the middle of the input too.
DON'T PM ME --> For any doubt, suggestion or error reporting, please use the "Contact us" form in the web.

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos »

Added and rejudged.
DON'T PM ME --> For any doubt, suggestion or error reporting, please use the "Contact us" form in the web.

Return to “Bugs and suggestions”