link to problem statement in stats

The forum to report every bug you find or tell us what you'd like to find in UVa OJ

Moderator: Board moderators

misof
A great helper

link to problem statement in stats

Post by misof » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:24 pm

In stats pages like this one:
http://acm.uva.es/problemset/usersnew.php?user=7600
I would like to have links pointing directly to the problem statements.

IMHO, the problem number (or even better, its number+name) should link to the problem statement. Move the "problem stats" link to the "rank" column. Also, I'd suggest rearranging the columns a bit, "rank" and "CPU" are correlated and belong together. I'd say that the order "status, source, cpu, rank, (other stuff)" works best for me.

Oh, and maybe you want to rename "source" to "language". And the last suggestion for now: drop the "best cpu" column, these are personal stats.

yiuyuho
A great helper

Post by yiuyuho » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:25 pm

I agree with most of the suggestion by misof.
Things will come slowly though, it seems that they are having trouble with the current setting (like messed up ranking and so on).

Another thing I would like to see in the future is a list (probably on a separate page) of problems that a person has not solved yet. I used to write parser on the old pages to figure that out. But now the new stat pages are more elaborate and harder to parse, and since the new page already have many features, won't be too hard to add this one.

Thanks.

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:10 am

I've modified the page including some of your suggestion. I'll only talk about what I didn't:

- Adding the name of the problem would make the row too long, and the table wouldn't fit in the screen. I prefer it that way.
- We don't want to delete the "Best CPU" information. That tells you how good your submission is comparing it to the best. What I've done is to merge it with CPU column. You can suggest any other solution.
- The suggestion about unsolved problems. It's a good idea, but we prefer to spend time in un-mesh things here. I'll tell Miguel to implement it in the new judge, and if I have some time I'll implement it in the current version.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions, I hope the statistics page looks better now!
DON'T PM ME --> For any doubt, suggestion or error reporting, please use the "Contact us" form in the web.

Observer
Guru

Post by Observer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:55 am

One thing to add:

I don't know how the statistic list is sorted, but I see Problem #11109 coming above Problem #967 in my list, for instance. Is this just temporary?
7th Contest of Newbies
Date: December 31st, 2011 (Saturday)
Time: 12:00 - 16:00 (UTC)
URL: http://uva.onlinejudge.org

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:46 am

Just a little bug. It's solved now!
DON'T PM ME --> For any doubt, suggestion or error reporting, please use the "Contact us" form in the web.

chunyi81
A great helper

Post by chunyi81 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:37 pm

One other thing to add. I am seeing the best CPU for all the problems I have solved as 2.453s. Is that a bug or something?

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:29 am

ranks stuff is not working

A1
Experienced poster

Post by A1 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:26 pm

It would be better if u give the option of Sort by any column..
I mean every column title will be a link and if i click on that link the full page will be sorted by that column value as now by default it is sorted by problem number.

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:40 pm

that will be easily done when XML statistics arrive (in the new system). Then, sorting by any column will be immediate and done in client-side (so that our machine doesn't get nuts :-)

Until then....I prefer not to make such a load to the server.

This topic is not about "link to problem statement in stats" anymore, so please open a new thread if want to continue making suggestions :-)

Return to “Bugs and suggestions”