Names in the ranklists

The forum to report every bug you find or tell us what you'd like to find in UVa OJ

Moderator: Board moderators

Krzysztof Duleba
Guru

Names in the ranklists

Post by Krzysztof Duleba »

Can you bring back the names to the ranklists, the way it used to be? Preferably with links to user profiles (take look at my page if you want to see what I mean).
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen...

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos »

Actually we have a problem with that. As you might know, we run out of user id's (they can only be up to 65536 users) so we decided to "recicle" unused id's (with different letters, of course :P). The problem is that the modification isn't made in the old system's data, and it's the one used for making the ranklists. We have 2 solutions: repatching the cgi so that it can obtain data from the old system but the username from the new system; or rebuild the whole status page obtaining data from the new system.

I'm not sure whether we can do the first solution without introducing some other bugs....and we prefer to use the data in the new system....so we'll try to make the entire ranklist using php. That will take us a while...be patient :)

Krzysztof Duleba
Guru

Post by Krzysztof Duleba »

Thanks, I wasn't aware of all those things. I really appreciate your feedback.

Can't you just fix whatever it was that introduced ID limit? I don't know internal system design, but I just can't imagine why it could be hard (unless you've lost sources or something like that).
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen...

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos »

it's hard because old system used to store all data in binary files, with a fixed size for each field in a row. So, userId field has 2 bytes. We can sure increase the size of the field, but there are millions of executables and scripts that read the file, a lot of nasty constants related to the size of the row, and I'm sure we wouldn't be able to find all of them, the judge would be down for some time (over a month) and I'm not 100% sure we could turn it into life again ;) judge's source code is horrible!! Yesterday I spend all day just to find how to show the recieved status in the new system.

Carlos
System administrator

Post by Carlos »

Finally I've adopted a middle faster solution. I've already changed general ranklist, status page and every single problem's ranklist. I just would like to know, is there any more places where numbers are shown instead of names?
DON'T PM ME --> For any doubt, suggestion or error reporting, please use the "Contact us" form in the web.

Return to “Bugs and suggestions”