999 - Book signatures

All about problems in Volume 9. If there is a thread about your problem, please use it. If not, create one with its number in the subject.

Moderator: Board moderators

yiuyuho
A great helper

999 - Book signatures

Post by yiuyuho » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:02 pm

http://icpcres.ecs.baylor.edu/onlinejud ... 9/999.html

Hmm....This problem doesn't seem that hard....except may be a lot of printing. Is there any trick to it that no one has solved it yet?

I see that a good number of people have tried.

Mamet
New poster

Re: 999 - Book Signatures

Post by Mamet » Sat May 03, 2008 11:12 pm

Maybe the testcases aren't correct. I don't think the problem is that difficult...
The only thing I can come up with is that there is some trick with the format, although I copy-pasted it and I am getting WA...

Carlos Filho
New poster

It's impossible!

Post by Carlos Filho » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:57 am

I think this problem is impossible to be solved in 3.000 sec, since there is a lot of data to be printed. I did my best and all I got was a TLE. Then, I removed my print statements and got WA in 0.010. So, how can I solve a problem that I can't print the correct output without getting TLE?

It's not strange that no one still solved this problem!

Is there a more fast way to output data?

How can I report that?

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.

Carlos Filho.

yiuyuho
A great helper

Re: 999 - Book Signatures

Post by yiuyuho » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:28 pm

The fastest way to print will be fprintf, if that's not fast enough you can use fwrite. Or, an even better way is to first store the output in a buffer (char array) and use less print statements (since flushing buffer takes time, I think). But I am not an expert at I/O.

Return to “Volume 9 (900-999)”