A spam or something?

Post about everything you want - even if it is not related to programming or this site.

Moderator: Board moderators

Kyku
New poster

A spam or something?

Post by Kyku »

I've recently got those two messages

[quote]
Hello, I

A1
Experienced poster

Post by A1 »

You just write some thing to him/her..
You can give him/her this board address also..
I think [s]he is a newcomer and don't know where to find help.. :)

tRipper
New poster

Post by tRipper »

really strange...

Hello,

My name is Ann, and I live in Riga, Latvia.
For my exam I need to solve problems form website:http://acm.uva.es
I have already solved problems but still have hard problems for me.
If I will not solve them, I will not be allowed to pass this exam :-(

It seems, you could help me.
Please could you send me solved problems from my hard list: :-)

Thank you in any case !

Sincerely yours,
Ann
Hello,
I am student from Russian Federation.I study in Rostov State University.
I will have an exam in the early January. But if I will not solve several
problems from http://acm.uva.es then I will not be able to pass this exam :(
If I will fail then it will cause a lot of problems. And seems you could help me :)
I solved some tasks but others are too difficult for me.
Could you please send me solved problems and you will help me a lot :)
I need solutions for the following problems: 531 10302
Thank's a lot anyway.

Sincerely, poor lady Natasha
If I am out of my mind, it's all right with me.

Tanu
Learning poster

Who can I help

Post by Tanu »

I can help for 531 ...
If u need help on specific problem than its better to find it in volume section ...
Or u can use Find option of board...
Take care...
tanvir>.

sidky
New poster

Post by sidky »

i received similar emails too. In last few weeks, two mails, both asking for the source codes of various UVA problems. Both mentioned that, they require the code for thei Class assignment.
And I just received another mail asking for code:
Hello! Your help is very necessary to me. Have set a problem 10841 (Lift Hopping in the Real World), and I do
not know as to solve and time absolutely was not present. If not difficultly, please, send me a source code. I hope,
you will respond on my request, in advance thanks. Julie.
This is indeed very strange

Tanu
Learning poster

Yah

Post by Tanu »

I also getting this kind of mail...
I don't know why source code is asked...
If it is about any new site, it should be invertigate...
Bcos UVA acc ans are not axpected available...
Tanvir>.

ayon
Experienced poster

Post by ayon »

I was reading this forum and at the time I also got same kind of mail. he asked for me a specified problem. he was from my country, and he sent the same mail to some others of my country. i just gave him the address of this board. Recently many of us is getting this kind of mail. really strange.
ishtiak zaman
----------------
the world is nothing but a good program, and we are all some instances of the program

mamun
A great helper

Post by mamun »

Hmmmm..... I also got one some days ago, similar to the second one in first post but with different problem numbers.

Kyku
New poster

Post by Kyku »

Do you think it is just to give the solutions in source code? I faced many problems that I haven't solved, though I tried veerrry hard, and the forum didn't help, either. I know the frustration.

mamun
A great helper

Post by mamun »

There is nothing good in just submitting other's solution and getting a place in the ranklist. The idea is to learn.
Forum will be helpful. Before posting your question search the forum for posts about the same topic. People don't like to answer the same thing when they know it has been answered already somewhere else. If you are lucky then you will get your answer. I've seen people posting their long source code and just telling WA. Well, people usually don't have time to go through other's source code. Even I don't understand well if I look at my complicative source code after a long time! Instead of submitting codes, try to discuss about the algorithm you've used and you will more likely get a reply. Post your code only when you are sure you have done everything correct. It's a good practise to remove your code after you get it accepted.

Tanu
Learning poster

Post by Tanu »

Dear,
Everything in the earth has a frustation...
Don't get it...
And don't be lose heared...
My submission is abt 4 times of acc (average)...
Today I submitted 12 but only 2 are acc(really hearted me)...
But nothing to look back...
Dont want to choose any sortcut ....
Good luck...
Try hard...

Kyku
New poster

Post by Kyku »

The problem I was mentioning (Super Toy Soldiers), took me one week, some 50 WA and still didn't solve it, so I simply gave up.

BTW 1 / 4 ACs is not that bad, so don't brag ;-)

neno_uci
Experienced poster

Post by neno_uci »

I have had the same kind of e-mails in my inbox lately..., maybe they really need them..., but what if there is someone cheating???, I guess I will not send more source code by mail :o , what do you think about this?

I know is good to help people, but giving the source code is not the only way..., do you agree?, best regards,

Yandry.

Khaled_912
New poster

Post by Khaled_912 »

Well, I haven't recieved this kind of messages yet, but my opinion is that they are spam.
It can go like the following: A guy (for whatever reason) wants to have the source code for all problems in the archive. He'll iterate through all of the accounts (starting from ID 10000 to whatever is the upper bound). For each page, he can parse the email address and the problems solved. He can then store them in a table, and since it is not applicable to ask a single person for a large list of problem, he might do the following: He'll create few email templates (I'll fail the course... I need them for research... I'll get divorced... whatever) then just find the most common problems that are solved, and then email each person for the problems that are rarely solved in any other accounts.
I dunno much about spamming, but I can imagine that the above process can be perfectly automated, and messages can be sent at an acceptable rate.
I'm pretty sure that this guy has collected a massive number of problems. The only solution is to reply to this email as if you're not talking to a machine, if you got an answer, then maybe I just went too far with my imagination.. I always do so :D
If I were to recieve those kind of emails, I'll immediately send a source code that once gave me a WA or a TLE or anything of this sort.

Return to “Off topic (General chit-chat)”