ACMIO.java - why not to make it standard?

Write here if you have problems with your Java source code

Moderator: Board moderators

Ihor Bobak
New poster

ACMIO.java - why not to make it standard?

Post by Ihor Bobak »

Dear all,

here http://www.math.luc.edu/~anh/ACM99/ one can find a very nice class ACMIO for performing input/output in Java. It is written by Dr. Andrew Harrington, a famous person in ACM contests (search in google by "Andrew Harrington"+ACM to find out more about this respectable scientist).

A question for administrators:
why cannot we make this class (or maybe some similar one) the Java IO-standard and to make possible its usage in submitted Java programs? Seems it would make Java a little bit more popular.

Moni
Experienced poster

Re: ACMIO.java - why not to make it standard?

Post by Moni »

Ihor Bobak wrote:Dear all,

here http://www.math.luc.edu/~anh/ACM99/ one can find a very nice class ACMIO for performing input/output in Java. It is written by Dr. Andrew Harrington, a famous person in ACM contests (search in google by "Andrew Harrington"+ACM to find out more about this respectable scientist).

A question for administrators:
why cannot we make this class (or maybe some similar one) the Java IO-standard and to make possible its usage in submitted Java programs? Seems it would make Java a little bit more popular.
Thanks! Ihor! Thanks! for your such a good link and suggesion :)

Yes! I am with the same side with you :)

Why they are waiting for ???
ImageWe are all in a circular way, no advances, only moving and moving!

veron
New poster

Post by veron »

yeah, I am fully agree with Ihor for his nice information and it's seems to be different about a new class ACMIO for permorming I/O.

I think it is time to apply this new approach.

Again thanx Ihor for his information.

Julien Cornebise
Experienced poster

Post by Julien Cornebise »

Well... event if it would be standardized for the UVA, I guess it would take loads of discussion to make it standard for all reginoal ACM contests (without mentionning other training websites), don't you think ?
I agree that would be really great, though !

veron
New poster

Post by veron »

Yes It's a nice reply.
I am agree with you.

technobug
Learning poster

Post by technobug »

i reckon would be better to support jdk 1.3 (of course 1.4 would be better, 1.5 beta would be lovely).... collections, biginteger, io... hmmm....

Return to “Java”