men.h or memory.h

Write here if you have problems with your C source code

Moderator: Board moderators

Alberto
New poster

men.h or memory.h

Post by Alberto »

Hello friends,
I am a beginner in this fantastic world and therefore I have many questions, two of them are:
- I can use the library "mem.h or memory.h", in particular the function "memset()" ?
- Where I can find the codes in C, C++ and PASCAL from the solutions to some problems?

PD:
Thank you for their answers.
sumankar
A great helper

Re: men.h or memory.h

Post by sumankar »

Alberto wrote:Hello friends,
I am a beginner in this fantastic world and therefore I have many questions, two of them are:
- I can use the library "mem.h or memory.h", in particular the function "memset()" ?
memset() and friends belong to string.h.Where did you get that mem.h from?
You can use string.h and hence memset to your heart's content.
- Where I can find the codes in C, C++ and PASCAL from the solutions to some problems?
That is the reason why we are all here, we are all looking for answers.Anyway, on a less philosophical note, I might add that there already are some pages like Shahriar Manzoor's essay on programming competitions, Steven Halim's website and Larry et al's wiki. Also there is a sample solution in all 3 languages supported by UVA for problem number 100.
And my golden advice :D
Try solving the problem on your own, the major hurdle next would be i/o,
for that search the board, you will get enough info.Submit.If not accepted, start afresh!

Hope that helps,
Suman.
milo
New poster

Post by milo »

Well, i think both options work in UVA Judge, i often use memory.h, but you can use string.h too
Krzysztof Duleba
Guru

Post by Krzysztof Duleba »

memset and memcpy are defined in string.h. memory.h simply includes string.h (and features.h on some systems as well).

Return to “C”