Who will be ACM ICPC 2006 World Final's Champion?

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

chrismoh
New poster

Post by chrismoh »

Official results:

1. Saratov State University
2. Jagiellonian University - Krakow
3. Altai State Technical University
4. University of Twente

sohel
Guru

Post by sohel »

where can we see the complete result?

Cho
A great helper

Post by Cho »

This should give you a general picture, though it was frozen half an hour before the contest finished:
http://icpc.baylor.edu/icpc/Finals/Scor ... index.html

Moha
Experienced poster

Post by Moha »

But why they didn't release the official ranklist.
As i remember they did it after award ceremony last year in Shanghai.

Per
A great helper

Post by Per »

I couldn't find any complete result at the awards ceremony this year, so my guess is that there won't be one. I don't think that is very important however; it makes sense to let the teams outside of top 12 be tied just by problems solved and not by time (though I guess the teams close to top 12 are probably interested in seeing how close they were). What would be useful information however, is which problems each team actually solved.

By the way, note that 8 of the top 10 teams are European (including all the top 4 teams)!

[edit: European in the sense of being counted as the European regionals, I'm not sure if it's correct to call the Russian teams European in the usual meaning of the word]

kp
Learning poster

Post by kp »

Per wrote: By the way, note that 8 of the top 10 teams are European (including all the top 4 teams)!
Also interesting that 5 of the 8 European teams are Russian :)
Per wrote: [edit: European in the sense of being counted as the European regionals, I'm not sure if it's correct to call the Russian teams European in the usual meaning of the word]
Let's define European, then.

Darko
Guru

Post by Darko »

Well, you can say that there are political borders of Europe, by which all of Russia is in Europe.

And then you can say that there are geographical ones, by which good portion of Russia is in Asia (east of Ural mountains), and by which a part of Turkey is in Europe, for instance.

If you use "basketball borders", then Israel is in Europe, too :)

I guess they have to split regions somehow, but having the same country in two different regions just for the purpose of this competition would be bad, I don't know.

Hm, there is a pattern there (countries that do better than others), but I don't think this is an appropriate place for discussing it. Well, maybe it is, but I'm not starting it :)

Darko

Petr
New poster

Post by Petr »

Stop playing with words, the reality is that the Champion of Asia is Altai State Technical University, not Jiao Tong :)

Return to “Other words”