PE == AC ?

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

rafagiu
New poster

PE == AC ?

Post by rafagiu » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:09 pm

I've noticed that, at least once, I got PE but my solution was accepted and the problem appeared as "solved" in my statistics page. Later I found right in this forum that there is some sort of "accept PE".

My doubt is: is PE always "accept PE"? How can I tell the difference from such an "AC PE" and a "WA PE"? Can I start printing everything in one line and forget about spacing and such? :D

Thanks!

Cho
A great helper

Re: PE == AC ?

Post by Cho » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:44 pm

If you click on the ranklist page of a problem, you will see "Best Accepted or Presentation Error from each author" beside the ranklist. Presentation Error (P.E.) is always considered to be accepted in UVa online judge.
But PE will not be accepted in ICPC. So it's better to correct it even your PE submission is accepted here.
rafagiu wrote:Can I start printing everything in one line and forget about spacing and such?
I don't get what you ask.

rafagiu
New poster

Post by rafagiu » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:50 pm

Cho wrote:(RIP)
rafagiu wrote:Can I start printing everything in one line and forget about spacing and such?
I don't get what you ask.
Sorry! :o

What I meant is printing the output of every problem solution in one line, without even bothering about formatting it with spacement and newlines.

shamim
A great helper

Post by shamim » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:09 am

No, this will give u WA.

Suppose the answer is:

Code: Select all

you output:

Code: Select all

That means your answer for 1 would be compared as 123, which is different and it will give you WA.

Martin Macko
A great helper

Post by Martin Macko » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:11 pm

rafagiu wrote:What I meant is printing the output of every problem solution in one line, without even bothering about formatting it with spacement and newlines.
If the problem uses a special correction program, it is not guaranteed it will say PE on wrong formatting. However, if there is no special correction program it is sufficient to write a single space instead of any (positive) number of white spaces. But remember, the PE is accepted only in the archive, it is not accepted during a contest.

Return to “Other words”