more on user statistics

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

soyoja
Experienced poster

Post by soyoja »

Wow. it's very useful for me. Thank you! Xenon!

( Hhm.. Your nation is Netherland.

Guus Hiddink's nation. haha... :) Most korean love hiddink and Netherland. :P

Anyway, thanks for making this cool program.

And I haven't any problem while I install this program.

( I use Windows XP )

taj79
Learning poster

Post by taj79 »

I have tried to use the program...but i failed....
is there any other way to check my ranking......?
how did people used to check their ranking earlier....

cyfra
Experienced poster

Hi!

Post by cyfra »

Hi!

When your program failed to run I have checked the unit...

Your program failed on my computer because unit returned such a web site:
ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved
------------------------------------
While trying to process the request:
GET /cgi-bin/OnlineJudge?ProblemsList

The following error was encountered:
* Invalid Request
Some aspect of the HTTP Request is invalid. Possible problems:
* Missing or unknown request method
* Missing URL
* Missing HTTP Identifier (HTTP/1.0)
* Request is too large
* Content-Length missing for POST or PUT requests
* Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed
Your cache administrator is {webmaster}.

Could anyone tell me what I should do or does anyone know any other unit for downloading web sides ??

Please help :(

Picard
Learning poster

Post by Picard »

same problem here. you should add 'HTTP/1.0' to the web request in uhtmpage.pas
[pascal]WebRequest := 'GET '+pagename+' HTTP/1.0'+char(10)+char(13)+char(10)+char(13)+chr(0);[/pascal]

xenon
Learning poster

Post by xenon »

OK, I added the 'HTTP/1.0' to the GET request. Hope this works now.

I also made two other improvements:
- the colored checkmark is now shown on the stats page (actually it's a capital V, the HTTP committee left out ✓) in red, yellow, blue or green, with the same meaning as on the UVA host.
- there is a link to the problemstat info on the UVA host.

I find both items handy in solving problems.

An example of the new version can be found at http://joachim.wulff.net/valladolid/userstat.html.
The new program can downloaded here http://joachim.wulff.net/valladolid/getstats.zip.

enjoy,
-xenon

fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

As one of the admins of this site, I have something to say about this.

I want you to know that we're working very hard on this site, and that in this moment we're focused on stats. As you may have noticed, we're starting to offer real time stats in the contests, and this is only the beginning.

I've read this thread and also I've read about that 45 Mbs needed for complete stats for only one user. I think that is really really a huge amount of traffic for one user.

I'd ask you to wait a bit until we've developed a good way to generate the stats. In this moment, I'm thinking about two - complementary - ways of giving you that info:

* generate the html's as xenon's program does,
* or maybe more interesting, generate some files (in XML format?) with the relevant information, and let you use the tool of your choice to manipulate and generate the stats you want.

If you just could try to avoid getting that 45 Mbs for each one until we can provide that information, I'd be very happy :). In my schedule, I hope to be able to generate basic stats by September, 5...

I'd be pleased to know your opinion - post to this thread, thank you!

Best regards,
Best regards,

Fernando N

xenon
Learning poster

Post by xenon »

Fernando,

I'm very pleased to hear that you are working on providing more user statistics, because I think there is a nead for it. The reason for me to write the program was, besides the fun of writing it of course, that I missed the information it collects. I have no idea of how much it is used by other people, but I myself use it all the time to access problem descriptions, and hardly use the "official" webpages on the UVA site anymore.

I think the 45 Mb is not too much of a problem because there is an option to download partial information. This is what I mostly use myself, just because it takes so long to download the lot.

A more serious problem, from the users point of view, is that the data collection is very dependant on the actual lay out of the UVA webpages: if you change it, the program doesn't work. I would therefore be very interested in your second option (XML seems the obvious choice). The first option has the advantage of providing fast, accurate and up to date information, so it would be great if that could be implemented too.

Finally I'd like to remark that I'm very pleased with your site. The past few months I've been spending a great portion of my free time (and also too much of my boss' time, I must admit) on solving the problems. It's great fun and very professional and works a lot better than many of the current commercial products. Keep up the good work!

-xenon

Fahad
New poster

Problem using "getstats"

Post by Fahad »

Dear,
I've tried 15/16 times to get my stasistic by "getstats 18399". But after some minutes it don't work though it have progress in 2/3 minutes then stop. For"getstats 18399 0" it works fine. My operating system is Windows-2000 Professional & broadband internet connected directly in my lan card. Please answer me.
My E-mail: sheikhfahad1@hotmail.com
Fahad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xenon wrote:AFAIK you shouldn't have to wait more then a few seconds, otherwise the program is stuck waiting for the page. Are you sure you have the latest version of my program (as uploaded yesterday)? I fixed a small bug to cope with some proxies, and as a side effect it performs twice as fast (if your internet connection is fast enough).
I just tested the program under win2k, and it works fine.

I'm off on holiday now,
-xenon
:cry: :cry: :)

xenon
Learning poster

Post by xenon »

The program doesn't work anymore since the layout of the problemstat pages is changed. Only the part that gets the general information still works.
As you can read in this thread, the guys on this site are working to provide the information, so we'll have to wait for that.

fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

We're facing some other problems which require a lot of time, and which are more important than this - for example, queues of 150 problems and so on that makes the system not-useful.

Maybe you can change the program until we're able to generate those XMLs...
Best regards,

Fernando N

Return to “Other words”