How to change the suffix of a account?

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

johnnydog33
New poster

How to change the suffix of a account?

Post by johnnydog33 »

Someone see my suffix when I sumbit a program to OJ.Then they use my account as a test account! They submit again and again. You can see, the ID 49054 was sumbitted for many times! They do it for fun and I don't know what should I do.

Please tell me How to change the suffix?And how to protect account.

If there is a syntax in the post, please ignore it.(My English is pool)

sumankar
A great helper

Post by sumankar »

AFAIK, there is no way to change that suffix.That is about the only thing that
secures your account somewhat like your password for mail.Now that you have lost it, go create another account and this time be careful, should you really care about your subs(most of us do, actually :D)

I can imagine your plight, but trust me I am feeling pity for your *friends* who are using your account.

Regards,
Suman.

guayoyo
New poster

About Suffix...

Post by guayoyo »

I think it isn't necessary to change your suffix, the only thing you can do to protect your account is to configure it to only receive problems from your e-mail account, so when them try to use Submit-o-Matic to submit a problem, the judgement would be AD (Access Denied), which doesn't count as a WA, or RE, or similars...

I hope your e-mail isn't hacked too...
10024 - Guayoyo has Curled Up the Cube!

Martin Macko
A great helper

Post by Martin Macko »

sumankar wrote:..., go create another account and this time be careful,
You rather not register once again as the admins may not like multiple accounts. See the 'Register as a new member' site:
'Register as a new member' wrote:2. If you are already registered, you musn't choose this option: choose the PROFILE option in the left frame instead.
3. If you have forgotten your password or ID, please use the retrieve password option. If you're still having problems, contact us. We never will become angry in these situations. We will become angry only if you register again!.
Send them (password@acm.uva.es) an email and describe your situation, imho they are your only hope :)

Martin Macko
A great helper

Re: About Suffix...

Post by Martin Macko »

guayoyo wrote:I think it isn't necessary to change your suffix, the only thing you can do to protect your account is to configure it to only receive problems from your e-mail account, so when them try to use Submit-o-Matic to submit a problem, the judgement would be AD (Access Denied), which doesn't count as a WA, or RE, or similars...

I hope your e-mail isn't hacked too...
Does e-mail submitting work already?:D According to 'Registering as a new member' site it is not working. :(
'Registering as a new member' wrote:Since July the 14th the only way for submitting your codes is via WEB using the submit-o-matic tool

Return to “Other words”