What about combining areas ?

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

pminkov
New poster

Post by pminkov »

Sometimes people visit the board,
because they want to see discussion
on any problem (which may eventually
interest them). Now we have to visit
7 + 3 boards every volume. Can you
combine the boards of all volumes in one, of course leaving the volume board untouched.

Petko Minkov

fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

We have just set up this board in this way, because some people have told us that with one board, it is difficult to look for the posts. We think it is true, because having more than 1,000 posts in one board is not useful.

So, we won't do that by now. But, if most of you prefer the board in the other way, we will consider it.

suman
New poster

Post by suman »

This is than combining all those Problem Set. But there may be a common place where we can see all the messages combined. Some may find it helpful. But it is not that much necessary.

- Suman

suman
New poster

Post by suman »

Sorry for the typing mistake.

"This is better than combining all those Problem Set. .............."

fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

Ah! Ok, now I understand.
We use phpBB to support this board, so basicly phpBB should give that option. I am aware that a new version is almost ready, but now it is in beta stage, so we should wait.

Maybe, if we find a "hack" for supporting this option, we could implement it. We cannot promise anything on this. Maybe the next version implements something like that, I really don't know.

Thank you for your suggestion!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fpnc on 2001-10-19 22:22 ]</font>

Return to “Other words”