'Secret' UVA links

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

bugzpodder
Experienced poster

'Secret' UVA links

Post by bugzpodder »

there maybe a post about this before. in any case, I didnt bother to search.

I was broswing thru the current leader, Anton Maydell, and I found that he did problems of 2xxx. But there wasnt any volume 20 in the uva judge, as i recall. so i clicked on a volume, and changed the number to 20,21,etc, like this:
http://online-judge.uva.es/cgi-bin/Onli ... ?Volume:22

apparently, some has a red-check mark beside it, that means the judge is taking inputs. and amazingly, there is already quiet a few submissions to it (you can view the stats!) but obviously the questions werent available.

anyone care to comment on this?

[edit] hmm i guess i read about it http://online-judge.uva.es/board/viewtopic.php?t=2538

shamim
A great helper

Post by shamim »

I think these problems are under construction. We may get proper link to them very soon.

Julien Cornebise
Experienced poster

Post by Julien Cornebise »

What's surprising is that some of them are already present in other volumes (such as Erdos numbers, Vitos Family, Chainsaw massacre...)
Kinda strange, isn't it ?

Dominik Michniewski
Guru

Post by Dominik Michniewski »

These links are 'mirror' of acm.uva.es/archive ....

Best regards
DM
If you really want to get Accepted, try to think about possible, and after that - about impossible ... and you'll get, what you want ....
Born from ashes - restarting counter of problems (800+ solved problems)

Julien Cornebise
Experienced poster

Post by Julien Cornebise »

So it's possible, for a single problem, to get it AC twice : once in the standard volumes, and once in the 2xxx ?

Dominik Michniewski
Guru

Post by Dominik Michniewski »

yes it's possble, But If I know, there only 5 problems with this property ;-)
So in face of 1200 all problems is very small value, which you can forget :)

Best regards
DM
If you really want to get Accepted, try to think about possible, and after that - about impossible ... and you'll get, what you want ....
Born from ashes - restarting counter of problems (800+ solved problems)

Larry
Guru

Post by Larry »

I am just curious, is there any time frame for the other ones on the archives site to be active?

fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

For the archive set, we need judges of Regionals to provide us input and outputs. We have the same problem as always: there are problems for which we cannot generate input/outputs. If you can help us, contact us at acm at uva.es

And for the Volume 20 and so on, as you have said before, they are a mirror for the archive set. Basically, they shouldn't be in the judge problemset, but because of some technical problems, they're listed there. If there is no link from the judge is because most of them cannot be judged via 24-hours judge, and in a near future, no-one of them will be.
Best regards,

Fernando N

little joey
Guru

Post by little joey »

So this means that these problems will not be counted in the ranking lists eventually?
That would stir up the leader board considerably.

WhiteShadow
New poster

"Secret" Problems will count or not?

Post by WhiteShadow »

So, can anyone confirm that these problem will not be counted in the ranklist ?

If this is false, can anyone confirm that the problems will count, and say when will they be available with more "publicity" from the main ACM UVA Problemset page, and not only on http://online-judge.uva.es/archive/ ?

If I can know anything from the UVA staff, it would be splendid. :-) Maybe my good friend Fernando?

By the way, a big hello to you, Fernando, and congratulations again for the fantastic job on this site. I will send you some news soon...

P.S. - I ask this question because other people also askmed me that and I am also very curious ;-)
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Return to “Other words”