A little BUG

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

meph
New poster

A little BUG

Post by meph »

Just try out the following code for problem 10209 :

Code: Select all

void main(void)
  {
  }

Very funny ! :lol:

A great helper

Post by .. »

oh~~
how do you discover that??~~ :wink:
My signature:
  • Please make discussion about the algorithm BRFORE posting source code.
    We can learn much more in discussion than reading source code.
  • I HATE testing account.
  • Don't send me source code for debug.

bugzpodder
Experienced poster

Post by bugzpodder »

try it on problem 194, even FUNNIER ;)

shamim
A great helper

Post by shamim »

What kind of joke is this. :D
meph, how did u know about this.

[/b]

Ivor
Experienced poster

Post by Ivor »

seems to be a bug of the special correction program... or something... it's unfair 10209... I was holding a first rank saome year ago -- and I know 0.000 is not possible there without cheating the way most of you have done. SHAME!

Ivor
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

meph
New poster

Post by meph »

Ok, I admit, it's not nice. But I discovered it by accident, after having solved corectly the problem (I'm very sure of this) ( my best time being 00:0.211 with 392 k memory ). What I did was to try to speed up things by using fread and fwrite, so I would send a source to find out some limit for maximum input ( see if it doesn't exceed 2M), and though sacrifying a "Wrong answer". I was astonished, since the input was smaller, and the program terminated with "Accepted" 8) The conclusion : the program I presented you would also get "Accepted".
So, finding it by mistake, after solving the problem, and indeed exploiting it, I don't consider as "cheating".
The problem is really simple if you do some "integration" :)

meph
New poster

Post by meph »

P.S. : I would be very glad if the problem would be rejudged after the BUG is fixed.

Dominik Michniewski
Guru

Post by Dominik Michniewski »

Did you inform about this site-administrators ? They not read every post in board ....

Best regards
DM
If you really want to get Accepted, try to think about possible, and after that - about impossible ... and you'll get, what you want ....
Born from ashes - restarting counter of problems (800+ solved problems)

meph
New poster

Post by meph »

Don't know how :oops: :oops:

Dominik Michniewski
Guru

Post by Dominik Michniewski »

send mail to acm@uva.es if I correct remember and write, what is going on :)

Best regards
DM
If you really want to get Accepted, try to think about possible, and after that - about impossible ... and you'll get, what you want ....
Born from ashes - restarting counter of problems (800+ solved problems)

Ivor
Experienced poster

Post by Ivor »

I was astonished, since the input was smaller, and the program terminated with "Accepted" The conclusion : the program I presented you would also get "Accepted".
So, finding it by mistake, after solving the problem, and indeed exploiting it, I don't consider as "cheating".
The problem is really simple if you do some "integration"
Accepted does not mean right. And if you got accepted having, all in all, a program that produces a wrong(!) answer -- that I consider cheating. I admit that this is a judge-side bug and you are not guilty of anything. I was basically referring to other people who sent your wrong(!) solution to get better time. 'SHAME!' was meant to them. See yourself how many 'right' submissions have been made using your techique. This problem is simple, but to rank first having a right solution -- that aint for everybody. That's a tough business. ;) It was about time something came up, because I was wondering what was this 0.000 time about. :) I knew for definite that such a time is impossible.

Waiting for a fix,
Ivor

P.S. And next time do send a message to judge-stuff. Don't post it on the board. As you see it doesn't do any good for some people. But I respect you for saying it out!
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

shahriar_manzoor
System administrator & Problemsetter

Hehe

Post by shahriar_manzoor »

When this problem was used in a contest there was no special judge. But people were not getting accepted so during contest time I wrote the special judge in ahurry. So now there is this mistake. I will try fix and rejudge soon but as you all know the admins are busy with upgrading the site now.

Carlos
System administrator

Problem 194?!?

Post by Carlos »

I sent that void program for problem 194...and got WA, what's the funny thing? I made that corrector and I want to correct it...
Carlos.

bugzpodder
Experienced poster

Post by bugzpodder »

sorry Carlos, its all good. i just want to see if any of the lazy bums who instead of debugging their code, would try it as a shortcut to get AC on a problem that the couldnt get...

anupam
A great helper

Post by anupam »

to review one's stat;
http://acm.uva.es/cgi-bin/OnlineJudge?A ... o:123456LL
means the same as
http://acm.uva.es/cgi-bin/OnlineJudge?A ... o:123456AB
I think you all have underestood.
The security characters are not necessary.
It may be a bug or not.
:oops: :oops:
"Everything should be made simple, but not always simpler"

Return to “Other words”