COMMUNICATION WITH JUDGE HOST IS LOST AT THIS MOMENT

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

r.z.
Learning poster

COMMUNICATION WITH JUDGE HOST IS LOST AT THIS MOMENT

Post by r.z. »

what happened?

shamim
A great helper

Don't Worry

Post by shamim »

This kind of things always happens, and they are quickly fixed.
One reason could be that the system had crashed, so there was no communication for a while.

anupam
A great helper

Post by anupam »

yet not solved their problem
"Everything should be made simple, but not always simpler"

Moni
Experienced poster

Post by Moni »

Yes! they are upgrading their system! We all know that!

I wish after upgrading their system they will inform us with specifically upgrade report..........like What processor, operating system they are using now.

Besides they should inform us with the version of the GNU compilers they are using.............once I asked a question about the GNU C++ compiler's version and about it's supporting latest sgi STL.... but didn't get any reply......... this time I think they will provide us with good documentions.

Hope a new and nice UVA Judge :)

ImageWe are all in a circular way, no advances, only moving and moving!

fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

I think that the specific problem "communication with the judge host" is as always, that is, the judge is working almost all the time.

And the upgrade will not affect the judge host. So, compiler versions and kernel and memory and ... are the same. What we're doing is to split the system into two different computers; the first one will host web and stats engine, and the second one (the judge computer that we have had used until now) will continue to judge the problems.
Best regards,

Fernando N

Return to “Other words”