Some statistics scripts!!!

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

RuiFerreira
New poster

ok!

Post by RuiFerreira »

Hi!

Sorry.... Since your post I'm only actualizing the national ranking... once a day.... I think it is not very much information (about 200 page visits) to get from your servers....

About the others scripts....
the comparison one, only do 2 page visits per comparition...

the user problem ranking causes much bigger trouble, so I will put a warning there!
Please visit my webpage!! I've got a lot of UVA statistics scripts
http://www.fe.up.pt/~ei01081/scripts/

fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

Best regards,

Fernando N

RuiFerreira
New poster

new rankings!

Post by RuiFerreira »

Hi!

The Portuguese
The French
The Argentine
The Australian

Rankings are now available!

If you want your country ranking in my page, just contact me!

Andrey Mokhov
Experienced poster

Post by Andrey Mokhov »

Hi, I'm just interested in is it difficult for you to make some list of all the countries and to allow anyone to get ranking on any country he wish?

I guess there is nothing special to do it if you have already done several special countries. Do it in common case, please. :wink:

Buy.
Andrey.

RuiFerreira
New poster

Post by RuiFerreira »

The bigest problem is that I can't access the data base... if I could do it, do a world script would be easy...!

probably if we had read permissions in the data base... we could add a lot of new detais, without overloading the server...

fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

I won't say anything more about this subject. You can do whatever you want with our server; you can hack it even if you want. You can overload it as much as you want. We do not provide access to the database because, amongst other matters, we do not have a real database yet. If you can wait, it is ok; if you can't, do it your way. I asked you to wait, I know it is lasting more than expected. I cannot do anything to accelerate it, I cannot work faster, as I do not earn any euro for this site, and I have to work in my company to be able to pay my bills. If you want to overload the server, it is ok. I won't do anything to restrict you. If our University decides that we spend too much bandwidth and shut down our server, it is ok (you know, bandwidth is not free).

Well, sorry for this paragraph. I won't say anything more about this subject. FYIO, I really expect to have the stats system available before Jul'03, or in the worst event, Sep'03.

Have a good day
Best regards,

Fernando N

bery olivier
Learning poster

Post by bery olivier »

fpnc wrote:I won't say anything more about this subject. You can do whatever you want with our server; you can hack it even if you want. You can overload it as much as you want.
what's the matter ?
The script for the countries is launch one time per day max. Your server manage to handle easily at least 1 submission per minute. So I don't think that it'll overload your CPU.
Moreover a lot of us are statistic addictive. So until your scripts are ready, the only way for us is to use the rui's site.
We know that your are doing your best for this site. We love it and we don't want to predjudice it. So I don't think that anybody in the world thought about hack :evil: .
I hope you'll understand my point of view.
Not AC yet Image AC at last Image

Caesum
Experienced poster

bandwidth

Post by Caesum »

Dont you understand that bandwidth costs ? Its not about the cpu time, its about the bandwidth. Some of the scripts pull off 46Mb from the server and thats a lot of bandwidth if lots of people start using it. I think fpnc is being a little overwrought though with his 'you can even hack it' comments.

DiegoCostilho
New poster

Can you do it

Post by DiegoCostilho »

I've noted that you optimize some problems, I like to do it also, can you do a world ranking ordered like in F1?

like this..

1st place -> 10 points...
2nd p -> 8 points

DC
Arg.

bery olivier
Learning poster

Post by bery olivier »

What would it be for ?

Do you mean you want a world champion each year ?
It wouldn't be really fair as sommeone could do the easiers problems in one time and others choose the problems more randomly.
Not AC yet Image AC at last Image

Return to “Other words”