Some statistics scripts!!!

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

RuiFerreira
New poster

Some statistics scripts!!!

Post by RuiFerreira »

Hi!!!

I've done some statistics scripts!!! here is the url: http://www.fe.up.pt/~ei01081/scripts/

Users solved problems classification!!!

in this script you can check you place in every problem you've done!!! (only until place 500)
(please don't abuse this script!!)

Comparison between two users

in this script you can compare your solved problems with another user solved problems!!! (you can see even the colors of the problems!!)

Volume statistics

here you can see what percentage of problems you've for each volume!!! and your acurracy rate!! number of submitions sent in average for each problem!!!

Portuguese users list, portuguese ranking and last 48,weak,month ranking

if you are not portuguese, i can tell you how to do a ranking like this for your country!!! this kind of rankings turned portugal a much more competitive country!!! every one wants to be in the top 10!!!

please use this scripts well tell your friends!! don't abuse please!!! 8)

Happy new year!!! :P

Rui Ferreira!!
ei01081@fe.up.pt
http://www.fe.up.pt/~ei01081/[/b]

Caesum
Experienced poster

Post by Caesum »

nice, it would be nice to see the actual time as well as the placing :)

ccphui
New poster

New statistical information for acm.uva.es

Post by ccphui »

Hi,

I am doing research to identify more new statistical information for the
"ACM INTERNATIONAL COLLEGIATE PROGRAMMING CONTEST(WEB)" -http://acm.uva.es/problemset; based on the existing statistical information
shown in the site.

Do you have any interesting statistical information you would like to have ? Or any interesting idea is welcome.

Your advice and comment is greatly appreciated !

Philip Hui. :roll:

Caesum
Experienced poster

Post by Caesum »

Having a page with your 'yet to do' numbers on would be nice, like the total solved/unsolved page minus your own stats page.

Second a page listing your status against each question (perhaps one for each volume ?), showing:
AC if you had an AC against the question along with number of submissions prior to and including the first AC.
ACPE if your best result is AC but with PE along with number of submissions prior to and including the first ACPE.
otherwise showing your last result against that question eg WA/TLE, etc along with your number of submissions to that problem so far.

Third a page with your time on and the best time on for each question, and your position amongst the timings.

Fourth a page for each nationality.

ccphui
New poster

Post by ccphui »

Thanks caesum, your comment is very useful.

What if I have categories the statistical information in two classes,
1 - top-k queries
2 - iceberg/threshold queries

Do you have any queries you would like to appear in the above
two classes of queries ?

ccphui
New poster

Post by ccphui »

Hi RuiFerreira,

It is great to visit your web site. From there I have collected some
useful information for my research.

The response time of most of the queries is quite instant, would you
mind to tell me the method that you use to generate the result ?

I guess you are collect the data from the content of the web page
in ACM site and process in online without any DBMS assistant, aren't you?

Philip Hui.

Caesum
Experienced poster

Post by Caesum »

ccphui,

top-k queries: not quite sure where you are going with this one, the nationality ranking would be a top-k query ?

iceberg/threshold queries: sorry, I dont know what you mean by this.

mostly I am interested in 1/ what is my position regarding problems solved, problems unsolved, attempts at problems and 2/ what is my programs position amongst programs that have solved the problem.

ccphui
New poster

Post by ccphui »

Hi Caesum,

Here is the example of Top-K and iceberg/threshold queries for your
reference :-
Top-k : List the top-k players from which <country/city name>

Iceberg : List the players have solved at least <no. of> questions in <last week, last 48 hours, last month>

Philip Hui. :D

RuiFerreira
New poster

new things

Post by RuiFerreira »

i've got some good news!!!

i've gived the ranking code to some people so.... will have new rankings from some countrys soon!!!
Please visit my webpage!! I've got a lot of UVA statistics scripts
http://www.fe.up.pt/~ei01081/scripts/

RuiFerreira
New poster

Question to the administrators!

Post by RuiFerreira »

With a lot of people doing scripts like this.... soon will be inpossible to visit this web page!!! so why you that have data base acess (witch we dont) do the stats!!!! another thing.... why users dont have their position in their stats page???? with this i could make more detailed estatistics!

ccphui
New poster

Post by ccphui »

Hi Rui Ferreira,

I am wondering if you will get the latest information from the
ACM programming web site everytime performing a query.

Because I noticed the no. of user list is not the same as those
listed in the ACM web site.

Is it the concern about the response time, so you have to save
the data in your web site but not getting the up-to-date information
every time ?

Philip Hui. :-?

RuiFerreira
New poster

Queries

Post by RuiFerreira »

HI... in some scripts like comparision and problem ranking I allways query the server in the national rankings,

Raiser
New poster

Page

Post by Raiser »

Congratulations!! that's a great page!!! I now visit every time i want do do a problem!!!

Dominik Michniewski
Guru

Post by Dominik Michniewski »

Very nice scripts, but ....
I choose "Comparison of problems made by two users" and write in boxes 1375 (me) and 1300 (someone else who has 0 problems)

and I got

Code: Select all

Warning: Argument #2 to array_intersect() is not an array in /usr/users2/deec/ei01081/public_html/scripts/comu.php on line 111

Warning: Argument #2 to array_diff() is not an array in /usr/users2/deec/ei01081/public_html/scripts/comu.php on line 113

Warning: Argument #1 to array_diff() is not an array in /usr/users2/deec/ei01081/public_html/scripts/comu.php on line 115
as first part of page .... I think, thats you forgot about something ;-)

Dominik

fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

Well, I suppouse that if I say "please stop overloading the server" you won't accept it... anyway, I had to try.

Our University have warned us because of how much bandwith our website uses - I know that there are people who run scripts that downloads 40 Mb or more just to get a piece of information.

We want to provide more useful stats, and we are working on it. Current judge engine is not up-to-date so we also have to make some changes in our system - that is the reason for not having done this yet.

I can tell you that we're very close to generate some useful XML-stats and that we're going to listen to your requests. In thev meantime, I ask you to be a little more patient - yes, I know that you're waiting too long, but believe me, they're coming - and not to abuse of those programs that abuse bandwith and also consume valuable resources: sometimes we have down the load of the server from 40.0 to 6.0 in one minute just shutting down the httpd daemon...

I hope you'll understand the situation. I've noted your thoughts on this thread and they will be implemented.
Best regards,

Fernando N

Return to “Other words”