acm solve sites

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

do the problem solving sites should contain solutions of problems?

yes
18%
not at all
32%
only for some seleted model problems
46%
no comments
4%

Total votes: 114

kmhasan
Problemsetter

Post by kmhasan »

I am not going to comment on whatever you are saying is true or not. I would only request you to be selective about the words you choose. A university does not necessarily be bad if only one lecturer is bad. However, it would certainly be bad if most of the teachers are bad, or if one bad teacher takes most of the courses.

I had a good relation with the contestants of AIUB. And I believe we had respect for each other. I still see it that way. Please do not start a war, I don't want to be in either side of it.

Good luck with your studies, and the contests.

* Editing a few words in the last paragraph of your post could make us all happy. :D

mbakht
New poster

Post by mbakht »

Mr. Ronty_BD , please be careful in posting messages in this board. It is an international board and I think we should all be careful in not doing anything that damages the image of our country.

Shahid
Learning poster

be modest....

Post by Shahid »

yup, i am strognly agreed with tomal bhai and mbakht...............

Ronty_bd, plz remember this board is not a board to post objection against any person whether it is true or false. It is a programming discussion board, and we should not off track much. Secondly as mbakth said, this is an international site, so u need not to explore the local issues which is not necessary at all. Thirdly, the mode of ur posting is harsh and rude. U should avoid this.

- Shahid

anupam
A great helper

Post by anupam »

yes i agreed with mehdi bhai and tomal bhai.
let us be very careful.
"Everything should be made simple, but not always simpler"

anupam
A great helper

Post by anupam »

:oops: :oops:
i am a sufferer who even didn't know how to submit problems.
and how to implement judges' answer.
i needed a page about the information and discussion about the problems.
that is why i welcome any solution page with 10-15 solution.
and i like those pages that discusses common mistakes in source code.
just like NUS pages.
i always welcome u..
--
anupam
"Everything should be made simple, but not always simpler"

deddy one
Experienced poster

Post by deddy one »

I must agree that NUS page were good.

asarefin
New poster

Post by asarefin »

kmhasan wrote: Editing a few words in the last paragraph of your post could make us all happy. :D
Dear Programmers,

I think, now a days, ACM programming is the most authentic work, So the people involed here, should be modest, polite and wise enough...about what they say or what they do. It dosen't cost anything but may pay you more ...! So, I agree with Tomal's requests for Ronty.

My request goes to Moderator of this page also. To review these topics and take appropriate actions.

Ahmed Shamsul Arefin
ACM SOLVER

raihan
New poster

Post by raihan »

asarefin wrote:
kmhasan wrote: Editing a few words in the last paragraph of your post could make us all happy. :D
Dear Programmers,

I think, now a days, ACM programming is the most authentic work, So the people involed here, should be modest, polite and wise enough...about what they say or what they do. It dosen't cost anything but may pay you more ...! So, I agree with Tomal's requests for Ronty.

My request goes to Moderator of this page also. To review these topics and take appropriate actions.

Ahmed Shamsul Arefin
hai! i am new here from CUET and ofcourse agree with Arefin bhai !
RAIHAN WADUD
CUET

Jalal
Learning poster

Post by Jalal »

As far i know there is no cold war in between NSU & AIUB.
(Like NDC or DC)
So, I dont know wt Mr. ronty want to mean................
I completely agree with tomal bhai....
No one have the rights to say against a versity if just a single faculty
is wrong(still we dont know is it true or false). I think u know the concept
of a university. Its a universal thing. SO, dont try to make u a legend
stupid by making such kind of comment.

asarefin
New poster

Changes in ACM solver

Post by asarefin »

Dear Programmers

Recently we are going to make a significant upgrade in our site. Would you please take a tour and make comments. Many features are still on progress.

Regards
Ahmed Shamsul Arefin, (Team coordinator)
http://www.acmsolver.org/
-----------------------------
Nothing Expert just encouraged !
:D
ACM SOLVER

matt80
New poster

Re: acm solve sites

Post by matt80 »

Nobody can learn programming without studing solutions of other programmers.
Every book and course that teach the art of programming show algorithms written by someone else. This is the only way.
I think solutions should be accessible by everyone.
Mattia
ps: sorry for my terrible english.

Adrian Kuegel
Guru

Post by Adrian Kuegel »

There is a difference between solutions to problems from here or standard problem solutions available in text books. The standard solutions are examples how similar problems can be solved. Since there are enough solutions to standard problems available, there is no need to publish solutions from problems of this problemset archive. And if solutions of this problemset are available, there would be some cheaters who send the solution without thinking about it how it works.

matt80
New poster

Post by matt80 »

Adrian Kuegel wrote: And if solutions of this problemset are available, there would be some cheaters who send the solution without thinking about it how it works.
ok, but I think this is their problem, not mine. Only the one who wrote the solution for the first time should be proude aboute it. I think this is not a reason to hide the solutions.
Mattia

asarefin
New poster

Post by asarefin »

Adrian Kuegel wrote:There is a difference between solutions to problems from here or standard problem solutions available in text books. The standard solutions are examples how similar problems can be solved. Since there are enough solutions to standard problems available, there is no need to publish solutions from problems of this problemset archive. And if solutions of this problemset are available, there would be some cheaters who send the solution without thinking about it how it works.
I agree with Adrian, without any qusetions. Only a few things can be learnt from other's code but if you wish to be a expert programmer must work with your own head and logic.

So, In our website : ACMSOLVER.ORG we have STOPPED publishing any type of solutions from the problems of UVA or any Judge systems. It is harmful to publish solutions and it also violates the "ACM Code of Conduct" . (Please use search engines to learn more about it!)

Regards
Ahmed Shamsul Arefin

http://www.acmsolver.org
ACM SOLVER

Dominik Michniewski
Guru

Post by Dominik Michniewski »

I also think, that there is a big difference between solution from textbook and solution of concrete problem. So I also think, that solutions, which could be used by cheaters, should be removed from any site where it exists.

One additional thing: I always want to check others words and I go to this page (acmsolver.org). I noticed one very bad thing: this site contains WORM or VIRUS (my Scanner tell me that !!!). I think, that people which are managed this site should take care to this problem ....

Best regards
DM
If you really want to get Accepted, try to think about possible, and after that - about impossible ... and you'll get, what you want ....
Born from ashes - restarting counter of problems (800+ solved problems)

Return to “Other words”