I can't submit my program through e_mail,why?

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

wenzhi cai
New poster

I can't submit my program through e_mail,why?

Post by wenzhi cai »

I don't know why,and now the submit-0-matic seems not work. :(
ec3_limz
Learning poster

Neither can I

Post by ec3_limz »

I also can't submit my solutions through e-mail. I submitted the same problem at least 4 times and when I checked the Judge status, my program was not there.

To all Judges, PLEASE FIX THE E-MAIL PROBLEM NOW!!!!!!

ec3_limz
LittleJohn
Learning poster

Post by LittleJohn »

Maybe you can try to mail < judge@acm.uva.es
p.s. your manner of speaking.. :(
Caesum
Experienced poster

Post by Caesum »

? Littlejohn, are you saying that email is working for you ?
Ivor
Experienced poster

Post by Ivor »

Hey Caesum, his bloody right!!! :D

try sending to judge@acm.uva.es instead of judge@uva.es

I was submitting through the latter.... didn't work. But the first one is working to my great surprise!

Ivor
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
fpnc
System administrator

Post by fpnc »

[quote=ec3_limz]To all Judges, PLEASE FIX THE E-MAIL PROBLEM NOW!!!!!![/quote]

I do not want to explain another time that we are volunteers, we do not get any money by running this system, but quite a lot of expenses (the server, our internet accesses from home to fix and improve the system...) and that there are things that are just beyond our limits. We cannot do anything about the @uva.es domain and I haven't discovered what's wrong with it - I think it has something to do with spam and viruses, as we receive about 10 of them a day. In case you can't use @uva.es, you can try @acm.uva.es, because that email server is in our host and we can try to find out whatever may happen. I was going to announce quite a big improvement in our system but, after reading your words, I really wonder to myself "does this worth my time?". Anyway, I've found some great people here, and I'll continue my work because of them...

I suppose all that you do, you do it for free and it never breaks down - just like what you are expecting from this site. So, let me know what projects are you involved in, just to find out how big is the Internet.
Best regards,

Fernando N

Return to “Other words”