Search found 2 matches
Search found 2 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:25 am
- Forum: Volume 102 (10200-10299)
- Topic: 10233 - Dermuba Triangle
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6026
I'm trying to understand why switching over to long long int helps, and here is my hypothesis: Floating points go up to 2^80 Integers go up to 2^31-1 but the problem states all triangles are within this range. if you square an integer before converting it to a float, you'll spill over... Does this s...
- Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:18 am
- Forum: Volume 100 (10000-10099)
- Topic: 10038 - Jolly Jumpers
- Replies: 445
- Views: 85671
Words of general advice from correcting my WA into an AC: In my original algorithm, I just read in numbers, took differences as I read them in, and trashed the rest of the line if I found something bad before the end of the sequence. I switched over to reading them *all* into an ADT, and then taking...